Friday, October 15, 2010

Where have I been?

Where have I been for the past three weeks? Good question!

We took a road trip to Gulf Shores, AL with my sister and her BF, Joe. Three days later we flew to Vancouver, Canada. One day later we drove to Little Rock, AR. Henry is most definitely a well travelled baby!

Henry flies like a champ. His behaviour there and back was very different, but nonetheless he behaved very well both times. On the way out he was full of energy and giggles. On the way back he slept through every flight. Feeding him for take off and landing went well, so he didnt have any ear problems.

Vancouver was fun. It was nice to be a part of the 'real' world again. The people were very relaxed and didnt mind at all when I walked back to the hotel room to feed Henry every three hours. He mostly behaved for his Daddy but he has discovered true screaming, and boy is it loud. We didnt eat out much, since Henry was on Central time and a little grumpy. Even so, we were not overly impressed with the food in Vancouver. About 95% of the restaurants were sushi or Japanese, and whilst we like that style of food as much as the next person, we didnt want it more than once in a week. We did have a fantastic curry though.

I believe Henry's temporary grumpiness was in part because he missed home, but mostly a growth spurt. He can sit up now while holding your finger and go from sitting to his tummy. He rolls over with pure grace and likes most of all to stand up while you keep him balanced.

We drove to Little Rock to keep Danny company. He had a GIS class Thursday, so we drove Wednesday night. We stayed with the Schneider's and got to meet Cooper, their new arrival. Cooper is seven weeks old but was born four weeks early. He is tiny! We did take a picture of the two lads lying beside each other, so I just have to get organised and start uploading pictures.

It is so nice to be home. Today was fantastic! I dont know if its sheer chance, but we seem to have landed into a nice schedule easily, but we shall see if it lasts. I really had a wonderful day! Henry fell asleep in the Babybjorn carrier while we walked the dogs this morning. When we got home, I cleaned the fridge while he continued to sleep in his bed. We played a bunch, did the grocery shopping, had a bath, but most importantly, we christened our trailer today! It was great to get out and ride and Henry slept really well. We cycled to the park, jogged the outer loop and cycled home. Most people gave us a wide girth, but not everybody, which is shocking. I really enjoyed cycling with Henry, but do need a wing mirror for my bike, I think.

Last night Henry woke up earlier than usual for his night time feed, because he hit his head on the end of the bassinet. So tonight is his first full night in his own bed, in his own bedroom - at 3 months old! I thought it was going to be hard on me, but Ive been putting him in there after his 3am feed for the rest of the night, so Im doing well! Its actually nice to have our bedroom back!

No comments:

Post a Comment