Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
You must post the rules.
Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
Tag eleven people and link them on your post
Let them know you've tagged them!
1. Im really excited to have a baby here soon and look forward to all of the things that I will be able to do again.
2. I am pretty anxious about labour, but am really glad to be doing it at home this time.
3. I really don’t know if I would like our baby to be a boy or a girl.
4. I have no idea how many children I would like. Would I be ok with this being the last time I was pregnant? Would I be ok with just two kids? Do I think we can support more than two kids financially, or should?
5. I love having a family so much that sometimes when I see Danny and Henry playing together or wrestling on the bed, I get a little weepy. I have never been this happy I don’t think, and Im not sure that I ever thought I could be.
6. I miss cycling and running. I am a little anxious about cycling alone since Kevser’s accident, but don’t see any other way since my schedule is going to be dictated by two children and my husband.
7. I love colourful clothing, particularly very bright pink!
8. If I could get my back rubbed every night, I would.
9. I really wish we could take a vacation on our own to somewhere new and exciting.
10. My favourite part of the day is a toss up between weekend mornings where we all three play in bed together with Henry’s cars or books, or the evening before Henry’s bed time when we read books in bed together!
11. I wish I were better at cooking meat.
1. If you could live in any era, what would it be and why?
I would live now, because its what I am used to and Im happy. Not so keen on change! It would have been dangerous living with the dinosaurs. Women seem to have had it rough during other times.
2. What is your dream vacation?
Im not sure that I can answer this, as there are so many different types of vacation. I think right now, hiking somewhere exotic sounds super fun. Id really love to check out Mayan temples but am rather scared of being in the jungle. One day, I intend to take the original vacation we planned for our honeymoon (a hut over the water in Bora Bora), before we more sensibly decided to take a cheaper vacation and buy a car instead. Id love to visit parts of Utah where the water formed sand features are great to hike through or mountain bike in. I would love to re-visit New Zealand on a longer trip and do the trips of multiple day/week hikes through the wilderness.
3. If money was no issue, what would you do with your life? Why?
Probably stay at home with my kids and go on lots of international trips. I really enjoy spending time with Henry and feel that it gives him the best start in life to know that he is the most important thing in mine. Right now, I think Id like to be a mid-wife also! I love babies and birth. Id consider being a surrogate but don’t want to take all the drugs. Hmmmm, Id maybe also consider being a personal trainer, or a school teacher.
4. What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Since I think Christmas is about the kids, I build new ones every year. This year I made cookies for Santa with Henry Christmas eve and he was really good at stirring the ingredients (as long as you didn’t mind how much of it stayed in the bowl) and got super messy picking the chocolate chips out of the dough and cramming them into his mouth! I remember making Christmas cake with my mum in the autumn, dressed in my Brownies uniform standing on a chair and want to pass this baking-together thing on to my kids.
5. What is your favorite season? Why?
Spring; because you can get out running and cycling again after a winter inside and the bulbs are all popping up out of the ground and looking beautiful.
6. What was the last book you read that you just couldn't put down?
I don’t get to read much but I bought myself two books on my birthday and finished one the next day, though technically it’s a novella: Of Love and Other Demons, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
7. If you could move anywhere in the world (and have all your family and friends come with you) where would you want to live?
I haven’t seen enough of the world to answer.
8. What is your favorite thing to cook?
I am better at cooking dinner, but everyone loves to bake cakes! I particularly love baking the tall, multi-layer cakes that you get to frost with a palate knife, though I never get to make them because we dont need a huge cake around the house!
9. What is the best restaurant you've eaten in?
Surely this depends on what you want to eat at the time! We used to love LnMs when it was here in town. There are some really nice farm style restaurants Ive eaten-in in Portland, OR. I had a fantastic filet mignon at a restaurant in Memphis for my birthday once, though I have no idea what it was called. I have to say, it takes a lot for a restaurant to impress me. McEwans here in town has fantastic banana creme pie, but the meals left a little to be desired.
10. What do you most admire about your spouse/significant other?
His hard working mentality and diligence, and how he always strives to look after us and provide for us; unselfishly and unquestioningly. His patience and ability to deal with other people and pacify situations that would be difficult if dealt with by anyone else.
11. What 3 people would you most want to have dinner with?
My mum, my husband and my sister.
2. What is your favourite hobby?
3. What would you most like to excel at, that perhaps you don’t now?
4. What do you most like about yourself?
5. What would you most like to change about your life?
6. What is the movie that you have watched the most times?
7. What do you find most beautiful in life?
8. What is your favourite plant?
9. What enables you to relax the most or that you find most relaxing?
10. Do you have any hopes and dreams for your children’s careers? What are they?
11. What do you tend to buy too much of?
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Obviously, I am huge! I have booked myself a manicure for next week to make me feel better about weighing the most Ive ever weighed. To be honest, the weight doesnt bother me so much, its more the aching hips in the evenings, or the sore ribs in the mornings, or the peeing every 15 minutes. I think my cold of the past 6 weeks has finally gone. Though now Henry has a cold and Danny may possibly be getting one. Poor newborn coming into this unhealthy climate.