Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good Dieting Technique

Eat Tangelos.

Im serious. It just took me about 30 minutes to peel, separate the segments, chew out all of the pips and get any nutrition at all from a single tangelo and I have three to eat this morning. I will have 'eaten' for an hour and a half straight and consumed a tiny number of calories by the time Im done with this snack. At this rate, I can eat continuously all day long. Every pregnant woman's dream!

Oh, I know... Im a little late on this news, but Im 16 weeks pregnant!

You can scream with joy now! Give someone close to you a little hug! Its ok, we did it when we found out! Im due July 8th but I have an ultrasound at week 22 where they give more accurate information, I believe.

We are not finding out the gender, well, not until its born as Im sure it will become evident then! There are so few true surprises left in life. We are looking forward to the one where after 40 weeks of discomfort and hours and hours of excruciating pain (Im going to make sure Danny is in pain too, dont you worry!) the doctor announces, "It's a ..."

So exciting!

I didn't really get morning sickness in the first trimester. Though the only point in the day that I felt truly 'good' was the time between first waking up and about lunchtime. From 4pm onwards I felt pretty awful and nauseas. I was always tired and often either took naps and/or went to bed by 730pm. There was nothing I wanted to eat, especially unusual for me, apart from fresh pineapple, red grapes, olives and tiny crunchy pickles. None of which goes down well for a locavore whose eating with the seasons. But that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Danny and I had many, many fights because he insisted on passing wind in my presence and was surprised when the smell made me want to vomit and brought out a rage from the depths that he never knew I possessed at such short notice. But if farting is all you have to fight over, life is pretty darn good. I was no longer able to wear my own trousers after about 10 weeks, though I didnt start showing really until about 15 weeks. Strange, I know, but my hips just got so wide, none of my trousers would come even close to buttoning and my butt is the size of an elephants. Not to mention that my little A-cups are already Cs and we arent even half way!

Into the second trimester whole heartedly now and I feel great. About once a week I have an off day and its usually Sunday or Monday so it must just be general tiredness. I mostly eat everything again now (except just a few things) and am able to jog, do my prenatal yoga dvd and walk my dogs. We think they are aware of the situation as they take turns falling asleep with their heads on my belly.

We will probably start a gambling poll of when you think the baby will be born, gender, weight and just how big (circumference-wise) my stomach will actually get. Danny has a goal of losing enough weight that by July, he weighs less than me. Good luck with that pal. You are going to have to take up some form of exercise and quit the ice cream for that to happen!

4 comments:

  1. I know I've said it, but I'll say it again: I'm thrilled for you and Danny! I cannot imagine a better home for Baby Klimetz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a lucky baby to have you for a mother! I am so happy for you. I was one of those that gained weight all over and the rear was also a herd of elephants. The good news is, you do usually go back to "normal". The good news is it is all worth it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherry! You are the first mum to tell me things go back to normal! Both my mum and my husband's mum have said things are never the same again anywhere on your body! I was imaginging having to throw all of my clothes away and start all over - Im just not sure Ill ever fit into 26inch jeans again! Although that possibly wasnt normal for someone almost 30 years in age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news is that every woman is different and you have great habits so I bet you will be one of those lucky women bouncing back in true form!!!

    ReplyDelete