Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sad day in Spring

I didn't think it was possible for there to be a sad day in Spring: the bestest time of the year.

Alas, today is a sad today.

Today is the first day of the year that I officially couldn't walk my dogs at lunchtime. Today it was 75F at lunchtime, and at over 50% humidity, that spells danger for big, black dogs who still have a thick winter coat. So sad. They even laid in the shade in the back yard.

Instead, we sat out on the deck, basking in the sun; me doing my beached whale impression, Danny eating Corndogs right next to me. We did discover something funny though... the baby has an opinion about pomegranate juice. We are disagreed on whether its opinion was, "ick, don't drink any more of that", or "mmmmm, give me more, give me more!"; but every time I took a sip of juice, we would see a massive deformity in my tummy; a big ole punch out the side! Hilarious!

So, answers on a postcard please; how can I achieve the following all in one day and not end up distraught with exhaustion?
-walk the dogs, not at lunchtime (due to the heat)
-get in an extra hour of work 2-3 days a week so that I can take Friday afternoons off
-work out (go to the gym or swim)

I cant really get up any earlier than 630am I dont think, some days I dont even make that. I cant go to bed much later than 9-930pm, and I hate just getting in and going straight to bed, so I need to be in the house by about 7pm at the latest each day. So if you can think of a way round my conundrum, please let me know! I somehow need to fit all of this in, in one day!

I know every one here is willing it to warm up, but I was really enjoying daily highs in the 50s and 60s, as I really love my daily walk with my dogs. So sad.

1 comment:

  1. It may have been that the juice was cold and baby could feel it? Hmm, maybe you could consider walking the dogs as exercise right after work and work through lunch a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete