I haven't really felt like cooking much this week, but we still need to eat. Im also trying to get our food stock down to nothing by Saturday when I leave, so Im all about throwing stuff together.
Whenever we have rice for dinner, I always make sure I cook way too much for one meal. So I decided to use it up last night! These are the veggies I used because its what I have to use up, but you can use whatever you have in your fridge or freezer; peas, carrots, corn, cabbage, whatever you want, just make it colourful! I often also use fresh ginger and garlic, but didn't have any and couldn't be bothered to chop, respectively!
Fast Fried Rice
a good lug of vegetable oil
1-2 c pre-cooked brown rice (seriously, whole grain products are so much better for you!)
1/4 onion, chopped into small pieces
1 small zucchini/courgette, chopped into small pieces
1 small red bell pepper
two handfuls of green beans, chopped into small pieces
one handful of cashews or your favourite cooking nuts
Your favourite Asian stir-fry sauce, just a few lugs as you have other liquids in here also
Sesame seeds to serve
1. Microwave rice for 3 or 4 minutes.
2. Heat oil in pain on almost the highest setting. Stir fry onions until translucent, about 2 minutes.
3. Add other veggies and stir fry another minute. Add all liquids and stir fry another minute.
4. Add rice and stir around until everything is mixed together. Add nuts. Adjust sauce levels so that everything gets covered well. Might want to take off heat at this point so that rice doesn't stick to pan.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds once in bowls.
Dinner in 15 minutes, start to finish!
BBBabes bake Bulgarian bread
1 day ago