Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday slow-down


Today seemed much more relaxed than yesterday, though I still seemed to achieve a lot, oh and Im quitting early!

I did not feel like cycling, so I did skip that, which gave me an extra two hours. Oh and I didnt sleep in since Danny and Timmy came home at 830am, so I got up and talked to them before they went to sleep!

Mostly spent the day weeding in the back, though I did manage to make 2 zucchini bread loaves and two rosemary garlic focaccia, which look irresistible! Im quitting now, at 4pm, to chill with my book for an hour or so. I would work some more in the garden, but I split a chili with my finger nails earlier to put in the bread for some kick and now my fingers are really sore! Wimp, I know.


Zucchini Bread
2 tea loaves or reduce baking time and use mini-loaf pans and give as gifts

Ingredients:
2-2 1/2 c shredded zucchini, 2 medium zucs
3 c flour
1 3/4 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg and powdered ginger
3/4 c apple sauce
2-3 eggs, depending on size
2 tbs ground flax
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 tbs vanilla
1 c raisins
1 c walnuts
1 c multi-grain cereal (oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds etc)


1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray two loaf pans with oil.

2. Combine egg, oil, apple sauce, vanilla and flax and whisk.

3. Gradually add spices and sugar, continually whisking. Fold in flour and multi-grain cereal.

4. Mix in zucchini, raisins and nuts.

5. Distribute mixture evenly between loaf pans. Bake 1 hr 5 mins.
Cool in pans


This is a great breakfast when smeared with cream cheese! It freezes fantastically; I usually chose to slice then freeze. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment