Thursday, May 13, 2010

My first Mother's Day

This past weekend was Mother's Day in America, and it was my first.

I woke up early as usual and got ready to head out for a walk, trying not to wake my husband. I found my sunglasses perched on top of a sealed envelope and a white box. I went out for my walk, bought some juice and headed back to the hotel. I picked up the card and little white box and went to wake Danny up. When I opened up my first ever Mother's Day gift, boy did I cry my little heart out! I already knew I was going to cry as I had been thinking about how good to me Danny was. Not because he bought me a gift, but let's face it, diamonds are a girl's best friend! but because he is just a wonderful, thoughtful, generous man, and I really could go on and on with the adjectives that describe how fantastic he is.

So my first ever Mother's Day made me appreciate just how well I am looked after and what a wonderful husband I have.

Thank you Danny, for being so wonderfully you!

(yes, my eyes are now full of tears!)

No comments:

Post a Comment