Saturday, September 3, 2011

Never the same thing twice

The funny thing about babies, is that they are so different from day to day. Yesterday H and I played with the same little rolling cow and pig for one and a half hours on the front porch, a minor miracle. This morning we played sidewalk chalk on the drive way for probably the same length of time. Then this afternoon it was like he was on Speed, or what I imagine being on Speed is like. To say that he didnt play in one place for more than 5 seconds at a time, is probably understating his mood this afternoon. As soon as I had made it up and over to the new location, he was gone, playing with something on the other side of the room.

I was dreading dinner time tonight... he hadnt eaten for the past two nights and last night he had an all out meltdown when I tried to put him in his highchair. Usually he is standing at the highchair, banging on it to be fed his dinner. But this evening to my surprise, and a huge amount of relief, he ate his pesto spaghetti and even ate some salmon, which shocked the beegeebees out of me. So he got a cookie for being a good boy! I never said I was above bribery.

Got a little more ivy cleaned today, though at 1.5 hours a day on my days off, its not going to get cleared very quickly.

My baby bump has grown exponentially this week and the little blighter kicks me every so often, either that or its more wind. It doesnt seem to like cold water! A similar size growth on my foot (ok, a slight exaggeration, but it was about 1.5 inches long) led me to order some new running shoes as I managed to get up two mornings in a row at 6am and go jogging before Danny left for work. Now Im resting I guess, until my blister heals and my new shoes get here. Hoping to ride out tomorrow but it looks like rain, so we shall see. I need to do something on my own after today... I sort of lost it just before lunch. Henry was awful. The odd thing was, after half a grilled cheese and some tomato soup he was his chirpy playful self again, so Im just surprised he didnt tell me he was hungry but just cried and demanded to be held and then cried at that too.

I had hoped to have a box of tomatoes to can during the rainy weekend but they didnt have any boxes at the famers market, believe it or not. So I payed for my tomatoes and will collect them wednesday, which means I have to can thursday, which is less than ideal. Going to make a cake instead, since Alison gave me some pears and Im not at all sure what to do with them other than make a cake. I think Danny wanted some bagels too, but we shall see.

Off to bed after another ridiculously tiring day. Im not preparing for a new born very well by being constantly exhausted with just one baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment