Friday, July 22, 2011

Fantastic last day

Today was the last day of my vacation and it was fantastic (apart from being super sick).

Henry and I cycled to the baby doctor for H's one year check up. No waiting, for a change. The nurse had to prick his finger for an iron test, which didn't bother him at all. Nor did it bother him when she spent the next minute squeezing blood out of his finger. But when she put that bandaid on his little finger he had a fit and started crying his eyes out. It's always hard when he gets vaccinations too, he cried so hard with the first injection and there was still two to come. I took a packet of fruit jellies though, and his wailing cleared up pretty quick when I offered him a berry bunny. His health is great. Weight 19 lbs 10 oz, 8 th percentile. Height 30 inches, 50 th percentile. Head circumference 79 th percentile.

We dropped the bike off at home and walked to the park, where we spent ages playing on the slide and swings and just generally crawling around. Danny even popped by and dropped off a donut! After lunch H took an insufficient nap and was a little grumpy. We cycled to pick up our csa veg then cycled to the pool where we had a blast. Back to town to meet Papa for dinner at Ajax. I thought Henry would have been tired when we got home at 7pm, his usual bed time, but I put him on thie driveway briefly while I unpacked the trailer and he became engrossed in some tennis balls, rackets, softballs, and badminton rackets that were lying around, so we sat on the driveway for half hour. When I did put him to bed at 730 he went straight to sleep.

I am now putting myself to bed and hoping I sleep better than last night with this horrendous cold.

What a beautiful day with my beautiful little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment