Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fun... For a whle!

Tonight I had the pleasure of cutting our grass with a push mower. It really was fun at first, then it got boring and seemed like it was never going to end. I do not wish for this chore to be added to my list of many! Besides, I still have to clean up after dinner, tidy the house from the day, and of course sweep and mop the floor. Oh and stuff diapers, fold laundry and try and get to bed sometime today! Oh and I have skinned some tomatoes ready to make myself some soup.

I am anxious to get going on my new yard but I fear there isn't much I can do without Danny's help, nor before slightly cooler, wetter weather. I did find a huge area of poison ivy so I can spray it tomorrow. And any suggestions on how best to kill ant mounds are welcome. My big conundrum, and suggestions are welcome (please) is how to get rid of ivy growing along the ground (regular ivy, not the poisonous kind) without killing the lirope grass growing within it. Alternatively, do I learn to live with it, I just really don't like it and feel like it's trying to take over my yard.

The landscape gardener comes to look at the property tomorrow and give me a price quote on a fence, which I'm pretty excited about. I also feel like I can't get going on my new flower beds until I have a fence to work around. It's going to be a shame, I'm going to be digging up lots of nice grass, but there are bare patches in other parts of the yard, so I can populate them with the the grass I dig up.

On to cleaning I guess... Is there a spot to fit chargeable batteries somewhere on my person? I might need an external boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment