Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Home sweet home!

We got home late last night after a rather awful ride home from the airport. It was super late for Henry, around 10 pm Puerto Rican time, and he doesn't do well in the car, so he screamed for about the first 20 minutes, despite the fact that I sat in the back with him. He eventually fell asleep, only to wake up when Danny over took someone because he crossed over the things in the middle of the road to stop you drifting. He then screamed until about 2 minutes from the off ramp to get to the house, when he fell asleep again. We eventually got him to bed.

Today was lovely. Since we had no food in the house, we went to Big Bad Breakfast and it turns out the farmers market is now open on wednesday mornings, so I bought two boxes of peaches and some other fresh veg. Definitely a good start to the day. H and I went to the store and then he played happily on his own (a very rare occourance) while I put the groceries away. After lunch and a nap we walked to the square with Alison and Sophia to get ice creams and play on the courthouse lawn. What a beautiful way to spend an afternoon.

I feel pretty useless since I can't make any progress on the house during the day and during the evening I spend my time cleaning up after the day. All the while Danny is running himself ragged working too hard at everything under the sun. It now looks like he won't be able to take off before the new job which worries me a lot... He is just spread too thinly and needs a rest. His sense of duty is something I admire about him, but there needs to be some self preservation.

Well, finger tapping on this silly iPad is somewhat annoying and we don't have internet yet at this new house, so good night to you and apologies for no holiday pics, they will probably have to wait til Danny gets back from his field trip mid-August to set up the Internet and desktop. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment